I’m a sucker for any new gadgets. Yes I watched a brief hour or so on the Sony announcement; Yes, I read Geek Sugar on occasion; And yes, I’m a sucker consumer who knows that technology changes rapidly but wants to buy everything, lol.
Besides being a tech-dork, I’m a K-drama addict. I recently watched a drama called, “I Miss You“. On that drama, there are these amazing headsets that the villain wears that looked like a huge diamond on every ear.
I found them a few days ago :O They’re called “Diamond Tears” and they are made by Monster and designed by one of my favorite music directors in the world, JYP!! No wonder they’re so pretty -____-
The pictures really do not do them any justice. They come in two colors, white and black. I thought that I picked up the black ones that have more of a purple diamond shine, but nope.. I was fooled by the box and got the white one. Which is totally fine because it has more of a blue to turquoise iridescent-look. They look so pretty. They’re not just pretty, the sound quality is also amazing.
My company gave me a free pair of Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD headsets last year and I have to say, the Diamond Tears are way better, hands down.
I compared these two headsets and there is a pretty huge gap in sound. I’m not a master of headsets or music, but I know what pleases my ears. The DT’s (Diamond Tears) give clear and crisp lyrics and isn’t heavy on the base like other Beats have I’ve had. Although, it doesn’t bother me. Where the Beats makes the lyrics sound muffled which is one of the huge differences.
Pro’s of the DT:
- Looks pretty
- Sound clarity
- Light weight for something that looks heavy
- The attention to design. There are also diamonds on random areas.
- It comes with two ear jacks so you can put the cord on any side and if someone else wants to listen with their headset, they can plug their cable into your headset.
- Made by JYP (I love that guy)
- You have to be willing to spend $300 for these
- The carrying case that comes with it is just a pouch. The Beat’s case is far better and I am using it for my DTs.
- It comes with a wipe cloth and special spray for you to keep your DT’s shiny. But what happens when you run out?! It doesn’t show on the box that you could buy more. It also means that its prone to finger prints.
- The white pair could get dirty quick (depending on the user).